Use Garmin Connect mobile app for Syncing the data with mobile
You can configure the Garmin connect app on your mobile and sync the Garmin devices with it. This will help in keeping all the data secured at the second place in the case, there is any accidental loss of data on your main Garmin device. You will find all activities like calendar events, health stats, training plans, segments and workout plans saved on the Garmin Connect account.
So, Let’s start with the steps to sync the data with Garmin Connect mobile
Step 1 : First of all, you need to install and download the app on your smart device.
- Android Requirements
- Operating System: 4.4 or later
- Bluetooth: 4.0 or later
- Apple iOS Requirements
- iOS Version: 10.0 or later
- Compatible with iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
Windows Phone Requirements
Operating system: Windows 10 Mobile version 10586.0 or higher
Architecture: ARM, x64, x86
Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth
Step 2 : If you have already installed it, then no need to download it again.
Step 3 : Open the app and create an account using the Garmin Connect login page.
Step 4 : Login to the account using the email address.
Step 5 : Connect the Garmin device to the smartphone on which the Garmin Connect app is installed.
Step 6 : If you are using the Garmin Nuvi app, then add the device and complete the setup process using on-screen instructions.
If the Garmin device is already registered on the Garmin Connect app, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
For iOS: From the home screen, click on ‘Garmin devices’.
For Android: Check the top of the screen and click to select the devices.
Step 7 : Later, press the device keys until you find the Sync option. Release the key.
Step 8 : Once the process is completed, check all the imported data in Garmin Connect mobile app
Fixing the Garmin Connect Bluetooth issues
The most common problems like can’t sync the device with the Garmin Connect or unable to find the smart notification on the screen can be reported from your side. No worries, if you are getting such issues, then check the Bluetooth whether the devices are linked to each other or not.
Steps to resolve the Bluetooth connection issues
- Open flag menu from the top of the mobile screen and search for Bluetooth option.
- Check if the Bluetooth is enabled or not on your mobile.
- Open the Garmin Connect app and log in to the account.
- From the ‘Connect app’ menu, go to the ‘Garmin device’ and check the device status.
- If you find the ‘Poor’ connectivity message on the screen, then there might be some issues with the Bluetooth software.
As discussed in the previous passage, Garmin Connect is a platform from where you can easily manage and update the Garmin device without physically connecting it to the smartphone. If you are using a Garmin Nuvi device and you want to update the device when en-route, then it is possible through the Garmin Connect app.
Update device software using Garmin Connect
Steps to update the Garmin maps and software through Garmin connect app are:
- Start by pairing the Garmin device to the smartphone.
- Sync the device with the app through steps mentioned in the previous section.
- Now, go to the ‘Check updates’ option from the home dashboard and if the device is already updated, then you will find ‘Already installed’ message displaying on the screen.
Most Common Issues Related To Garmin Connect Along With Its Solutions.
Get your Garmin device back on the track by implementing the solutions for the different problems.
If the Garmin Connect fails to respond to your queries, then check the internet connection. If the Garmin Connect keeps on crashing even after having a stable internet connection, then you need to uninstall the app or contact the Garmin Support.