Garmin Express icon if found missing on your computer won’t let you do anything related to the Garmin device. It is indeed a frustrating problem which users may sometimes come across. If you are getting the same issue with your Garmin Express Updates installed on the computer, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
Check the below-mentioned steps to troubleshoot the Garmin icon missing problem
- See if the Garmin Express is properly installed on your computer or not
- Try creating a profile on a different computer. If you succeeded in this trial, then it means there is a problem with the software on another computer.
- Perform the Garmin Express updates from the Garmin page on your Windows OS.
If you are still facing the problem, then go through the steps mentioned here as under:
Solution1: Change the desktop settings
- Close all programs that are opened on the device.
- Right-click on the main screen and check the ‘Show desktop icon’ option. If it is disabled, then enable it.
- Press function+F5 key from the keyboard to refresh the page and check if changes are working or not.
- If the problem continues, then reboot the device or contact the Garmin Experts.
Solution 2: Scan and remove Malware
If you are getting any virus alert or Malware on your computer, then don’t try to ignore this as it is or take it lightly. Scan computer for viruses and Malware and get these removed with the help of Antivirus software.
If you are not using any Antivirus software, then either download the program or run the Scanner tool installed in the windows OS.
- Double click on ‘Antivirus software’ to start scanning the computer.
- If there are any malware or infected files, then check the location and name of the virus on screen.
- Right-click on ‘Virus file’ and select ‘Remove’ to remove the files from the device.
- After the files are successfully removed, you will find the ‘Successful’ message on the screen.
Solution 3: Keep the Garmin Express Updates in dock section
Another way to retrieve the disappeared icon from the computer screen is through the ‘Dock section’.
- Go to ‘Primary drive’ from the device.
- Search for the ‘Garmin folder’ in the list of ‘Software installed’.
- Right-click on ‘Garmin Express’ to create a desktop shortcut.
- You can also drag-drop the icon on the desktop screen. Yes, do remember that the software must be updated from Garmin.com express updates page.
- Select the icon from the desktop and right-click on it to keep it in the dock.
- Tap ‘Save’.
After implementing the steps mentioned above, you will be able to retrieve the Express icon on the computer desktop and start managing the Garmin device. You can keep track of the distance you run, walk and calories you burnt through Garmin Express updates. If you need further assistance in this regard, you can contact the Garmin technical experts available on mygarminmapupdates link.