GPS Navigation devices empower people with precise and shortest routes to their destinations. Garmin GPS is one such device that can easily drive you through unfamiliar locations and save you from traffic jams. These GPS devices are able to deliver such accurate services with the help of Garmin GPS maps that are installed in them. Those maps are the main reason why people are able to reach from point A to point B quickly and without any inconvenience. However, things can quickly change too because if the maps are out-of-date or not updated with the latest updates, then you may be directed to a wrong route, causing delays in your schedules. You may end up reaching late for an important meeting or any other event where your timely presence was required.
To prevent that from happening, you need to ensure that your Garmin GPS device has the latest maps installed on it. You must understand that using a Garmin device with outdated maps will do no good to you, but in fact, it may harm you in more than one way. Make sure that the maps on your Garmin GPS are up-to-date. Having said that, it’s time to figure out how to update Garmin maps, so in order to update the same, you need to run down a few steps, details of which you can find here below:
- The process begins with launching a web browser on your computer followed by going to the Garmin website.
- As the website opens, click ‘Maps’ option, which you can find at the top of the screen.
- Now, press the option labeled as ‘Update Maps’.
- Choose your Garmin device from the list of devices that you see. You will see options like ‘Phone’, ‘Car’, and ‘Boat’, etc. So, if you are using a car-based model of Garmin GPS, then choose the same.
- Click ‘Download Now’ option to download the map update software on your computer.
- Once the software downloads, connect the GPS to your computer with the help of a USB cable and then, click ‘Get Started’.
- Now, you can get all the maps updated in order to stay up-to-date with the changes in the routes made by the government.
In case, you are not able to update the maps on your Garmin GPS device, then there could be a chance that your Garmin GPS is out-of-date too, so here is how you can perform Garmin GPS update.
- Connect your Garmin GPS Navigation device to the computer. For this, you will have to use the USB cable that comes along with the device.
- Install Garmin Express on your computer because this software will assist in updating your Garmin GPS. Garmin Express is available free of cost on both Windows Store and Mac app market.
- As the software launches, click ‘Add a device’ to locate your Garmin GPS device. Click ‘Select All’ followed by keeping your device connected as the updates install. Once that happens, you will have all the available apps for your device that are either free or paid. If you haven’t purchased lifetime updates, then you will have to purchase them right now.
If you are still not able to update the Garmin GPS map, then you can get in touch with experts who assist users regarding Garmin GPS Maps Updates. They will be able to assist you in the most suitable way.