The purpose of using the Garmin GPS is to get directions and routes to the destination from the source location, it makes use of real-time GPS for providing the information related to directions and traffic currently on the city roads. The best part of Garmin GPS is that it keeps on storing the locations entered previously so that it can be used in the future.
If you are using the Garmin device on a routine basis for navigation and update it from time to time, then there are high chances of coming across the ‘Memory storage’ issue. Well, there is nothing to worry about in such a scenario, we will help you come out of this problem.
- Restart Garmin GPS: When you restart the device, all the temporary files stored in the storage will be deleted and the memory will get refreshed.
- Delete Archive folder: The archive folder is of no use but it keeps on consuming the storage of your device. It is recommended to delete the Archive folder from the Garmin device by connecting it to the computer. The steps for deleting the folder from the windows OS are: Connect the computer to the Garmin through USB cable and launch Garmin Express. Select the device from the screen and click ‘Manage’. From there, go to the ‘C’ drive and check the GPS folder. Under the GPS folder, you will find the ‘Archive’ folder. Double click on it to check the items available in it. Select the whole folder by pressing Ctrl+A and press ‘Delete’ from the keyboard. Some files will remain in the folder and you can’t delete it any way. Restart the Garmin device now and check the memory status. If the problem is still not resolved, contact experts.
Mac: If you are using the Mac computer, then the steps are almost the same. Go to ‘Garmin Express’ and click on the ‘GPS folder’ from the Garmin device. Select the ‘Archive’ folder to delete.
- Hard reset Garmin: Hard reset the device is the last resort to all problems. It is however not recommended for normal problems. Yes, if the problem doesn’t get resolved with the simple steps, then you can go for a hard reset. This step will delete all the data stored in the device and you will have to configure the device again from scratch.
- Before performing the hard reset, disconnect the device from the computer and connect it to the power source.
- Wait for 10 seconds and disconnect the device now.
- Turn on the device again after 20 seconds and check the power status on the device.
- Now, open the drop-down menu from the right-hand corner of the computer screen on which the Garmin Express software is opened.
After applying the above-mentioned fixes, you will be able to fix the ‘Memory issues’ from the Garmin GPS and enjoy navigation seamlessly. If you are having any problem with the Garmin device, then feel free to contact the experts available 24×7.